Facilities Improvement Committee Meeting
Facilities Improvement Committee Meeting Wednesday, October 20, 2021 @ 6pm Paint Rock ISD's Boardroom. Please come and support PRISD's students by helping determine the improvement needs of the facilities.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Paint Rock ISD will be following the protocol below in regards to COVID-19 on our campus.
If a student or staff member tests positive for Covid they may return when the re-entry conditions have been met, as described in the Department of State Health Services rule used for students and staff. Students will be allowed to transition to virtual learning due to testing positive or exposure. However, the state will only allow 20 days of virtual per student per year. After the 20 days it will be a regular absence.
If a staff member is an individual who has had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with a covid positive person they are required by the state to test every other day for 10 days to remain on campus. This will be implemented effective September 1st due to the need to obtain rapid test on campus and get the qualified personnel in place to administer.
Per the Governor we are currently not permitted to mandate masks for students or staff. However, it is encouraged , for all that wish to wear one, to do so. It is important that all feel safe and comfortable while on campus. Teachers and staff will be disinfecting daily throughout the day and as needed.
Busses will be disinfected after the morning and afternoon routes.
Playground and gyms will be disinfected daily.
We assure you we are working diligently to try and stay in front of the cases and exposures. Unfortunately, we also expect that as we go through the year there will be more cases on our campus.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Kristi Mickelson, Superintendent
JoEllen Gonzales, Principal
Dana Stokes, Assistant Principal
Parents/Guardians, please read the information below carefully regarding options for your student to repeat a grade due to learning loss from the previous school year.
The 87th Texas Legislature, Regular Session passed Senate Bill (SB) 1697, which amends state law to allow parents and guardians to elect for a student to repeat a grade or retake a high school course, per Texas Education Code (TEC) §28.02124. The legislation, which went into effect on June 16, 2021, gives parents or guardians the right to opt for their child to –
1. repeat prekindergarten.
2. enroll in prekindergarten if the child was eligible to enroll in prekindergarten in the previous school year, under TEC, §29.153(b), and has not yet enrolled in kindergarten.
3. repeat kindergarten.
4. enroll in kindergarten if the child would have enrolled in kindergarten in the previous school year and has not yet enrolled in first grade*; and
5. for grades one through three, repeat the grade the student was enrolled in the previous school year. *According to January 2021 enrollment data, roughly 24,000 kindergarten-aged students did not enroll in kindergarten during the 2020-21 school year For the 2021-2022 school year only, parents or guardians have the right to opt for their child—
6. for grades four through eight, repeat the grade the student was enrolled in during the 2020-2021 school year; and
7. for courses taken for high school credit, repeat any course in which the student was enrolled during the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents or guardians are required to notify the school district in writing if they elect for their child to retake a grade level or course. Please contact Linda Plumley at email@example.com to obtain a form to complete if you wish to have your child retake a grade level or course.
For more information you may go to the website below.
Answers to frequently asked questions are also posted on the TEA website.
If you have additional questions, you may call 325-732-4314 and speak with JoEllen Gonzales or Dana Stokes for more information.
NEWS FOR NOW-
* We are still accepting new students. If you know a family who is looking for a small school who has great students and a caring staff, then send them our way!
“The Board of Trustees for the Paint Rock Independent School District meets at least once a month for regular school board meetings. These meetings take place at 6:00pm in the board room located in the Superintendet’s building on the second Monday of each month. School Board Agendas are located under the Administration - Board Of Education tab.
Want to become a strong leader? Want to learn about life skills? Want to have fun, explore and discover?
Join the Paint Rock 4-H Club.
If you have any questions, please call the Extension Office at 325-732-4304.